Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Calf Sleeves Are the New Sexy

I like someone who is a little crazy but coming from a good place.  I think scars are sexy because it means you made a mistake that led to a mess.  -- Angelina Jolie

I'm trying to start a new movement here - calf sleeves are the new sexy - kinda like "orange is the new black" or "40 is the new 30" or what have you.  Why?  Because if I'm going to rock them on a regular basis, I want to feel good about it, right?  


My legs have been a little cranky lately, and I got no time for that sort of thing.  So I've been sporting these bad boys.  Monday wasn't so ugly (especially since I had the neon yellow ones on) because it was just a bit cool so I wore long pants.  Today - warmer and wearing linen capris to work, so...yeah.  Just let me tell myself lies.

In addition to the calf sleeves, I have even more sexy going on - I'm sporting some new scars.  Yesterday's "mistake that led to a mess" involved clipping in just a little bit too slowly, resulting in my knee getting cozy with the concrete at the gas station where I stopped for a refill on my long ride.  It's been a long time since I've had a clipping error - but I have new shoes/cleats/pedals, so it was bound to happen.  Might as well get it out of the way, right?

I finally graduated to big-girl cleats/pedals.  I started my clip-in career with the tiny metal mountain bike SPD cleats and have done just fine for years.  But I have also worn a hole in the toe of my bike shoes, so this spring we bought me a new pair of bike shoes (which are super cool)...unfortunately, they don't work with the teensy cleats, so I had to graduate to roadie/tri SPD-SL cleats.  Finally, I know.  I'm a little slow.  I'm keeping the SPDs on my roadie, though.  But we put the SPD-SL on Freyja the tri bike and so, crash in the parking lot.  Super sexy skin-less knee.  Yeah!

So check out these shoes...

Instead of a velcro strap, they have this little dial-y thing.  You click the disk and then spin and your shoe tightens right up.  Pull the disk and you slip right out of the shoe.  SOOOOO COOOOL.  I bought them at our local tri store, Endorphin Fitness, this spring...just took me a while to get over my new pedal drama.

Anyway, I'll keep bringing the sexy back.  :)  As long as calf sleeves and scars are involved, at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment