Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Feed Me, Seymour!

Now it is human nature to want to eat to one's fill when hungry, to want to warm up when cold, to want to rest when tired.  These all are part of people's emotional nature. -- Xun Zi



Last week, I was tired.  I wanted to rest.  I think it's because I did speed work (like, actually did it - and worked darn hard) on Monday and Tuesday, but it pretty much wiped me out the rest of the week.

This week, I am hungry.  I'm not sure if my body is realizing I'm starting to go into taper mode for Raleigh or if it's trying to make up some calories from last week's hard work or if I breathed a sigh of relief when one of my cute skirts fit loosely so I must not be as heavy as I thought I was.  No idea, but I am starving!

But it's weird, because I'm mostly hungry in the morning.  At night, especially if I've worked out in the afternoon, I'm actually not too hungry - possibly because it has felt like August the last couple days, instead of May.  Who wants to eat after they spent an hour or more out in the heat training and then another hour at a kid activity like a soccer game or bike practice?  Honestly, all I want to do is guzzle water and sit under the fan.  Not eat.  But when morning comes around again...you can't put enough food in front of me.  Grrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment