Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Friday, December 18, 2015

Heartbeat...

Repetition is based on body rhythms, so we identify with the heartbeat, or with walking, or with breathing. -- Karlheinz Stockhausen

Like I said, repetition in practice and hard work. -- Jerry Rice


This is my heartbeat song and I'm going to play it...

My new coach has me training with heart rate.  It's kind of been a crucible type moment, since it has revealed exactly how out of shape I am...either I have been this whole time and didn't know it or I've gone downhill very quickly.  Let's not speculate which it is.  Anyway, the bottom line is that, like I mentioned before, I have a long way to go.

When I first started training for triathlons, a million years ago (or maybe like seven), I used a HR plan...and I remember it was horrible.  I couldn't run and keep my heart rate any where near the zone it was supposed to be in , so I ran/walked or joggled or whatever.  But I kept at it, and eventually I lost weight and got faster and fitter.  And hopefully that's what will happen again, because yet again, my HR will not cooperate with running at any speed or for any distance.  I am hoping (and hopeful) that this will be like before -- that, if I keep at it and trust in the system, I will end up fitter and faster than before.  That's what needs to happen and I trust my coach.  So heart rate and joggle it is, for now.  And faster and fitter it will be.  :)


(Because leaving you with Kelly Clarkson's Heartbeat Song would be cruel and unusual punishment...)

No comments:

Post a Comment