Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Exhausted

Living in continual chaos is exhausting, frightening.   The catch is that it's also very addictive. -- Lorna Luft

I'm a workaholic.  Before long I'm traveling on my nervous energy alone.  This is incredibly exhausting.  -- Eva Gabor

Recently I've been exhausted - I feel like I'm running in circles...not running to train.  I realize that a lot of the busy-ness in my life is self-inflicted...it's easy to keep saying yes when things that look like positives are offered.  And the scope of "positive" is pretty broad - is it good for my career, is it good for my family, is it good for my health, does it sound like fun?  Unfortunately, these positives are often exclusive - it may be good for my career and sound like fun, but it doesn't give much to my family.  It may be good for my family and be healthy, but it doesn't sound like fun.  As new opportunities come up, I've often accepted them even if they only meet one of the above positives - and even if they have a potential negative effect on other areas. I'm not good at saying NO - which leads to continual chaos and functioning purely on nervous energy.  As a consequence, I am exhausted.  So far I have been able to keep up with my training and am keeping my head above water with my many obligations - but I'm worried in the chaos that something is going to slip through the cracks.  I'm hoping that running to train will clear up some of this chaos and stress from my head.






No comments:

Post a Comment