Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

So, what's next?

When I'm inspired, I get excited because I can't wait to see what I'll come up with next. -- Dolly Parton

"Are you going to keep writing your blog?" my husband asked.  Of course I am - because I have plenty of other crazy things I want to do.  I'm on such a high right now after finishing the half that I can't wait to see what I come up with next!  In fact, the day after finishing the half, I signed up for a marathon next spring.  It'll be my 2nd full marathon, and I have high hopes that it will go better than the first one, where I hurt my knee towards the end of training and kind of hobbled my way through the race.  And then I'm thinking I probably want to do two HIMs next year, one early season and one late.  And...well, the possibilities are endless!

This fall is already going to be active - I'm doing a century ride this coming weekend.  Not a race, but a nice long supported ride for fun.  I plan on simply enjoying the scenery (and burning a kajillion calories that I will refill with all of the goodies they feed you out on the route).  Then at the end of this month, I'm doing another mile-swim race.  My goal is to beat my time from August.  And then I have two half-marathons to round out the year, one in October and one in November.  My PR for the half-mary is 2:05, but I haven't seen that number in a long time...since I hurt my knee.  I've been running a slow 2:45 the last few I've run, but since I was able to pull out a 2:42 after a long day of swimming and biking at the HIM, I'm shooting for a sub-2:30 by the end of the year.  (And after that...sometime working my way back to the low-2's again...but let's not be hasty!)  Yep - I'm putting goals out there.  Time goals even.  Crazy!  I'm inspired right now - and who knows what I'll come up with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment