Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Holy Sweat

I'm not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.  -- Michael Jordan

Summer is here.  Finally.  And it is flippin' hot.  This week is supposed to be in the mid- to high-90s all week long.  Problem is, I'm not quite acclimated yet.  Yesterday's run was painful.  Today's bike ride was a sweat fiesta and I had to end it early - couldn't keep my heart rate in the proper zone no matter what I tried.  I may jump on the trainer tonight to get the rest of my minutes in...but geesh.  This is great training for Louisville - if I can figure out how to get more comfortable with it.

So last week KILLED me.  Catching the head cold on top of my Raleigh-immuno-suppressed condition completely dropped me.  I was completely on the couch for a few days - then I went on a business trip, tried for some training, got tired & sick.  Then I went to a race with the family - Hubby's first HIM! - where all of us were sick and got no sleep.  Finally 2 weeks later, I'm starting to feel human most of the time.  So here I am, a little behind in my training and trying like mad to acclimate to the new weather pattern.  Sweaty.

No comments:

Post a Comment