Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Slow & Steady

Let thy step be slow and steady, that thou stumble not.  -- Tokugawa Ieyasu

Under 60 days to IMLOU!  Holey crap.  I'm getting very nervous, but the one thing that heartens me is the advice that IMLOU veterans keep giving on the Facebook group page...slow and steady.  Finish the swim.  Take it easy on the bike - don't charge the hills, don't hammer it, zone 2 is your best friend.  And then slow and steady through the run.  Do that, and you can finish like a boss.  The bonus is that slow and steady is what I do best.  :-)

I had a really crappy run on Tuesday and have been feeling pretty darn stressed about my training -- I didn't do my nutrition right (big surprise - that seems to be the thing for me...) and I got calf cramps.  That was my fault - I was trying to go without calf sleeves, but it seems like that is not an option for me right now.  Today I went out for a short, easy hour run (per plan) and it was fine.  My speed was fine, especially given that it was an easy run...and I made sure I felt easy...and with the calf sleeves, I was all good.

Less than sixty days.  I need to get my nutrition dialed in - that has to be the main focus over the next month or so.  But slow and steady does it - and that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment