Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Traveling is hard on training...

If all difficulties were known at the outset of a long journey, most of us would never start out at all. -- Dan Rather

I am in the midst of my second week of travel...and it is exhausting.  More so it makes training quite difficult.  I left home over a week ago to head to Muncie to race.  After that we spent a week at my in-laws house in Michigan where I was able to generally stick to my training plan, but there were still some challenges -- such as the 20 yard pool at the YMCA.  My Garmin won't even go down to 20 yards...it stopped at 22 yards and just laughed at me.  Then husband and I took the long way home from Michigan, spending 2 days visiting wineries and staying in bed & breakfasts - quite a lovely little break and much needed.  And then, within 24 hours of being home, I hopped a flight to Colorado for work, where I am currently.  Thankfully, after I get home late on Friday, I have no travels planned until we go to Louisville for THE BIG DAY.  32 days away.  Yikes!

The other difficulty I'm having with training is that one of the key pieces I've been working on is pacing for IMLOU.  Everything I've read says that it is super important to pace yourself, going slower than you think you should for the bike and most of the run and then enjoying the rest of the run into the finish.  This way I WILL finish.  At least that's the plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment