Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Foodie!

There shouldn't be an announcement that divides our food between what tastes good and what is good for us.  -- Marcus Samuelsson

So, it's time to get back to life, back to reality...and that has to start with real food.


I think I gained 15 pounds training for Louisville...and I had a few to lose before then.  Hey, it was important to test out what Pop Tarts were the most conducive to my training (Hot Fudge Sundae, by the way) and I was hungry 24/7.  In fact I think I was hungry 30/7...but now I'm not training for an IM - I'm barely following a Couch-to-5K type plan of walking and running in order to build up slowly and let my foot continue to heal.  And so I need to put a little more energy into planning good, healthy eating...that tastes good.

I've been looking for some kind of plan or guideline, because I'm not terribly useful doing it myself.  I like the idea of paleo, but I find that I do need a little starch in my life.  So I stumbled upon this page yesterday:  100 Days of Real Food.  They have a 10-day challenge and then they have a 100 Days of Mini-challenges.  I think I'm going to try to do them back to back - the 10-day challenge just to get myself off to a strong start and then the 100-Days to build a lifestyle of it.  There's nothing weird about the food and it's not strict.  It's just about eating real food.  All the time.  Which is what I know I should do.

I may be a little boring over the next few weeks and months, because I'd like to share my food journey in addition to my training journey.  Sorry if that's not your speed - there'll be plenty of chit-chat about training, racing, triathlons, etc.  But I think that my eating is going to be important for my success next year...and I'm going to rock next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment