Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Monday, October 6, 2014

A Slow Building Process

You can't build a great building on a weak foundation.  You must have a solid foundation if you're going to have a strong superstructure.  -- Gordon B. Hinckley

It's going to be a long, slow process...but I need to remember I'm building a foundation for a superstructure.  This past week I started "running" again.  Let me call it running -- it makes me feel better.  However, lest you worry that I'm trying to injure myself again, let me explain.  "Running" equals 4 minutes walk, 1 minute run.  Rinse.  Repeat.  For 2 miles.  That's it.  30 minutes of training, with about 4 minutes total of running.  It's a start.

And believe it or not, it's actually making me happy.  Not overjoyed - it's painful that it's so slowwwwww.  Not that I'm slow (which I am - but I have been before), but that it's going to be like this for a while.  Maybe a little further this week, maybe running 2 minutes at a time the next week.  Ugh.

It's important that I build up without getting hurt, though.  Critical.  Because I want to be a superstructure for the 2015 season.  I have plans.  I have goals.  And I'm going to kick IM Maryland's butt.  With my good feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment