Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Recovery...to Raleigh...and Beyond...

I know that in life there will be sickness, devastation, disappointments, heartache -- it's a given.  What's not a given is the way you choose to get through it all.  If you look hard enough, you can always find the bright side. -- Rashida Jones

This week started with disappointment, devastation, and heartache after the marathon DNF and has turned into sickness and devastation.  All I want to do is get back on the training wagon and all my body wants to do is collapse in on itself.  I have some terrible cold or bronchitis or something...and I'm exhausted.  I tried to go for a little run on Tuesday - it was 80 degrees for goodness sake - but after about a mile I felt like I had asthma or COPD or something.  It was awful.  I had to just walk back to my car and even then I felt crappy.  I've slept in for 4 days.  I don't know.  It's getting very frustrating.

So what's the bright side?  Maybe this is the lull before the storm - the chance for my body to get into the place it needs to be in order to rock Raleigh and then IMMD.  Slowing down has also given me a chance to focus on my eating (I'm playing a weight loss contest at the YMCA to give me some accountability...more on this later).  Slowing down has let me realize that I have a lot of stuff around the house I need to prioritize before the crazy of IM training gets awesome this summer.  We'll call that the bright side.  Now it's time to recover and move on.  I am tired of laying on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment