Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Travelogue - San Diego (or how I got over hypothermia-malaise)

I love driving; driving along the California coastline is the best drive in the world. -- Al Jardine

OK, so I don't actually like to drive and the post here is not at all about driving...but running.   That whole hypothermia thing kind of knocked me on my butt.  I honestly slept for a week...and I assume it is simply because hypothermia is so hard on your body.  I searched the Googles, but nothing explains what happens after you warm up.  If my experience is anything typical, you sleep.  A lot.  And you are sleepy.  Very sleepy.  And it's not good.

But it's been nearly two weeks now, and I'm starting to feel like myself again.  I'm currently in San Diego on business and I went for a 6-mile run along the coast and it made everything all better.  I highly recommend that this might be the cure for hypothermia.  :)

Pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment