Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

It Will Suck, But You Will Do It.

Take chances, make mistakes.  That's how you grow.  Pain nourishes your courage.  You have to fail in order to practice being brave. -- Mary Tyler Moore



Well, I'm not just scared - I'm flippin' terrified.  Because my training is going to hell.  I dropped a kitchen drawer on my foot on Friday (bone bruise, not broken), but it meant that this weekend was a wash and I still can't run.  I swam last night and I'm hoping I'm able to get my bike shoes on tonight.  This coming weekend is supposed to be one of two long training days...and I'm really anxious to do it - mostly for my peace of mind but also to work on my mental toughness, which is what I am most terrified about.

Even if I have to walk the run part of my long day.  Even if I have to do all of my bike ride inside because I'm nervous about stopping on my foot.  Even if the day sucks.  I will do it.  Because that's the best practice for IM MD of all - know it will suck.  And do it any way.  Because I'm going to do something really, really brave.


No comments:

Post a Comment