Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Eyes on the Prize

Contentment consists not in adding more fuel, but in taking away some fire. -- Thomas Fuller

Hearing about other people racing used to make me very jealous.  It didn't matter if I had just raced or if I was unprepared to race or if I was hurt or anything - I wanted to be the one racing.  But this past weekend, the marathon/half marathon/8K was going on in town and, oddly enough, I didn't feel the least bit jealous.  And I think it's because I am content.  There's no reason to add more fuel; instead I'm taking away some fire and focusing on my goals for 2016.  No more, no less.

I have two primary goals:  run a marathon PR (and ideally under 5 hours) and finish IM Louisville.

I'm working with my coach to meet these goals, and this week is when the fun starts...speedwork running, back on the bike, and even a 2-a-day workout (bike and run) this weekend.  I've started weight training to get stronger.  And I joined a "don't gain weight over the holidays" contest at the YMCA.  Now is when my 2016 season starts and I will keep my eyes on the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment