Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Monday, November 30, 2015

Talking Turkey

Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings. -- William Arthur Ward

Happy Post-Thanksgiving, Pre-Christmas extended stretch of over-eating, over-drinking, and under-training...at least that's what it usually is.  But this year, I've decided to exercise a different plan.  I will follow my training plan (starting tomorrow, because this morning I woke up with my normal snot-nose headache that a friend told me could be seasonal allergies and I'm beginning to believe that's a real possibility).  I will eat carefully, except at holiday parties.  I will drink less during the week.  :)  I will make it to Christmas weighing the same, if not less, than I weigh this morning.  Because then New Years won't be a shock to my system, but a continuation of positive behaviors.

What's up with this? What kind of idiot makes a pre-Christmas resolution?  The kind of idiot that looked at a picture of herself at this year's Turkey Trot and nearly cried.  I had a turkey belly BEFORE gorging on turkey and I had a waddle under my chin that would make any turkey jealous.  (And if you could see my arms, you'd see the old-lady chicken wing thing I got going on.)  All in all, it was a wake-up call that I never wanted.  Girl, you're getting too big.  This has to stop.  And so, the pre-Christmas resolution.  I don't think I'm setting myself up to fail, because I'm not being militant.  Just sensible.  Careful.  And I know I have some holiday parties over the next few weeks where I'll want to eat and drink (including tomorrow at lunch).  And I will.  But on non-holiday party days, which is the bulk of them, I will be careful.  No more turkey pictures for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment