Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Where'd You Go, Bernadette?

I was missing out on a lot of things that my friends were doing, but in another way, they were missing things I was doing.  It was kind of a trade-off I had to make. -- Victoria Azarenka

Today is the only day.  Yesterday is gone.  -- John Wooden

I've been missing in action recently.  You may or may not have noticed.  I wish I had a good excuse.  Well, I probably do have a good excuse.  I'm drowning.  (Not literally...please.)  I seem to have forgotten just how hard the peak training for Ironman is and I just can't keep up with life.  Or blogging.  Or blogging about my life.  Whatever.

Stuff has happened since I was here last.  I ran a half marathon in 100 degree heat.  It sucked.  I've actually done lots of training in 100 degree heat.  It has all sucked.  To avoid the heat, I've done way too many trainer rides.  Those suck too.  I took a private swim lesson and fixed my stroke a bit.  That doesn't suck.

In addition to training, life has been busy too.  My kids started middle school and high school, so of course I needed to be orientated.  And my job started back up too.  And with the start of school comes the start of their sports activities - which is awesome and so good for them but requires a lot of creativity on the part of IronSherpa and he's in peak training too.

So what's next?  I'm 4 weeks out from IM Louisville.  Just under a month.  I'm starting to panic a little, but I also know that I'm working hard and that freaking out is part of the training.  I know (at least I hope) that it won't be 100 degrees, so it should be much more doable than it was at Rev3 in July or at the half marathon in August.  Hot weather training is supposed to be good for me - I read that somewhere I think.  Even if it's not, I'm going to maintain the delusion because it's the only thing that gets me out training in this miserable weather.


Oh, hey - are you wondering about the title?  Where'd You Go, Bernadette? is an interesting book about a woman who goes missing when life gets too hard.  Hahahaha.  I'll just leave that there.

No comments:

Post a Comment