Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Monday, June 17, 2013

Training 6/9 - 6/15...and back to the regularly scheduled training program

I do like taking stuff seriously that a lot of people look at as nonsense.  I enjoy the insanity of that.  And I like the commitment that is needed for that. -- Christian Bale

It is time to buckle down and seriously get to work on this training thing now.  I'm 81 days out and starting to get nervous.  About the swim - of course...but also just in general.  I'm thinking about things that need to be thought about, like hydration systems and eating and all that.  Jeezh.  Makes me just a little bit insane.

Last week was a slow training week - supposed to be a drop-back week after a long building phase, but for me it was more of an intro back into training post-Disney.  Unfortunately, we spent a few days at the beach, so my training wasn't spot on plan, but I did manage to get a bunch of workouts in.

Sunday 6/9 - rest (travel back from Disney)
Monday 6/10 - 40 minute swim Masters (cut short due to lightning)
Tuesday 6/11 - 3.5 mile run
Wednesday 6/12 - 45 minute swim
Thursday 6/13 - 60 minute bike (trainer ride on Freyja)
Friday 6/14 - 3.05 mile run (5k race with youngest daughter)
Saturday 6/15 - 3.88 mile run

Yesterday I had a good bike ride, over 15 mph even with hills.  And then today starts a crazy swim week - the next three weeks in my training plan are event/sport specific.  Sounds like a blast, no?  Tonight is my last swim lesson.  After that, we need to reassess how to make sure my swimming gets to where it needs to be.  Because 81 days is not all that much time in the grand scheme of things.  But I am a little bit insane and I have the commitment.  So let's do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment