Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Friday, September 26, 2014

Bootless!

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:  . . . a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance. . . Ecclesiastes 3:1, 3-4.

A time to laugh . . . and a time to weep.  A time to mourn . . . and there is a time to dance.  And there was a time for this law, but not anymore.  See, this is our time to dance.  Ren (Kevin Bacon), FOOTLOOSE  (the original, not the crap-ass remake)


So the good news from the ortho is that I'm boot-less...the bad news is that we still don't know what was/is wrong with my foot.  So let's throw a little Kenny Loggins at it, no?  (Well, apologies to Kenny at least....)

Been working, so hard
I'm punching my card
Five weeks, for what?
Oh tell me what I got...
I got this feeling
That times are holding me down
I'll hit the ceiling
Or else I'll tear up this town...

Not I gotta cut loose, boot less,
Kick off the one left shoe
Please, Louise, end this misery
Jack, get Mack, come on before I crack
Lose these blues, every body cut boot less!

Yeah.  So things like this happen to me.  I get carried away.  Which means that I'm going to need to be serious about SLOWLY (did I say SLOWLY) SLOWLY building up.  There is a time to build, but it will be a long slow time.  I need to remember this is an overuse injury, regardless of what it is, so slowly building up is the only way to do it.  I'm not happy about it - in fact I'm still in a bit of a snit.  But it is what it is and I'm ready to get back to it.  SLOWLY.  Promise.  No really.

No comments:

Post a Comment