Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Friday, October 9, 2015

A Week of Wallow

There is an eagle in me that wants to soar, and there is a hippopotamus in me that wants to wallow in the mud. -- Carl Sandburg

I wrote about wasting time, which I suppose is a part of the great human journey.  We're supposed to wallow, to go through the desert without water for a long time so that when we finally drink it, we'll truly need it and we won't spill a drop.  It's about being present. -- Walton Goggins

A week has passed and I can't say that much has happened.  In fact, I have continued to wallow in my non-race misery...and managed to get one heck of a head cold as a result of being immuno-compromised due to training.  So I've had the opportunity to wallow on the couch and not do anything at all.  Which really sucks.  Or not - what is good about being confined to my couch for the last couple days is that I know that I don't want to stay there.  I want to go for a run.  I want to figure out what races are next.  I want to start from square one and get ready for a fantastic 2016.  There's no sense in looking at the rest of this year - I need to make exercise fun again, I need to lose some of my physical and mental baggage, and I need to get ready to rock 2016.


No comments:

Post a Comment