Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Wishin' and Hopin' and Thinkin' and Prayin'

A certain amount of impatience may be useful to stimulate and motivate us to action.  However, I believe that a lack of patience is a major cause of difficulties and unhappiness in the world today. -- Joseph B. Wirthlin

Patience has never been a virtue that I have had an excess amount of.  In fact, I have been blessed with much more impatience than patience.  And so it's really tough right now to wait to hear what IM races might be available for me next year.  It's made all the more aggravating when I hear what races all of the folks in town and in my tri club are doing...I want to be able to add my name to that list of people who know what their next year will be focused on.  I'm trying not to dwell, but it is testing all of my patience as I wait...wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin' and planin' and dreamin'...


I think my priorities, if we do an IM-branded race, would be first IMLOU (gotta get 'er done), IMChoo (although that's likely to fill up before we get the go-ahead to discount register), and then IMMD (although I'm not sure how excited I am about it...).  Otherwise, it will probably be B2B - which is cool, but a lot smaller.

No matter what, I'm waiting for the next leap forward - looking to have a great 2016.


(Look at me - a two song day!  Hopefully Billy Bragg will get Dusty Springfield out of your head.  ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment