Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Monday, October 26, 2015

New Directions!

The good life is a process, not a state of being.  It is a direction not a destination. -- Carl Rogers

You have brains in your head.  You have feet in your shoes.  You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.  You're on your own, and you know what you know.  And you are the guy who'll decide where to go. -- Dr. Seuss

IRONMAN LOUISVILLE 2016


It feels good to have a direction.  I feel a lot better knowing where the next year is going to take me.  I'm still working with IronSherpa and my coach to plan out the whole year, but I know that the culmination of 2016 is going to be back at Louisville, where the downward spiral started.  And I'm excited.  Rather than being nervous to return to the scene of the crime, I instead view it as an opportunity to fight back.  To slay the dragon.  To earn the IM that I was meant to have in 2014.  And that is honestly a good feeling.

I was hoping that IM Louisville was going to be an option for the IMMD discount.  And that it wouldn't sell out before then.  In talking with IronSherpa, we were looking at Louisville, Chattanooga, and Maryland -- all driveable.  And then Chattanooga sold out.  Waiting, waiting, waiting.  On Friday morning, the email came in and the choice was easy.  I wanted to go back to Louisville and I get to.  And a wonderful peace has come over me.  Weird, huh?

To be sure, there will be ups, downs, highs, lows, and probably a few meltdowns along the way, but I can't imagine a better place to make my comeback.  Besides, who doesn't love "Call to Post"?


2016 will be my year.  Louisville will be my IM.  And the best is yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment