Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

I'm Alive Awake Alert Enthusiastic in the Morning...

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Enthusiasm is the yeast that rises the dough. -- Paul J. Meyer

So the strangest thing happened yesterday.

I was looking at Training Peaks and saw the my coach hadn't filled in the week beyond Monday.  That isn't what was strange - I mean it was, because she usually fills it out on Sunday for me, but it was no big deal, because I already knew what I was doing on Monday.  Monday = Masters.  As it always is.

But because I'm a bit of a nag and I like to see the week so I can "plan" for it...which largely means negotiate logistics of training with Iron Sherpa and figure out how to fit things around work and carpools for the Iron Kids activities...I emailed her to see what was up.

And here's where it got weird.  After joking that I never needed to train again (the horror!), she filled in the week with hard workouts.  And I was excited!  Enthusiastic!  Looking forward -- in all seriousness -- to busting my butt this week in training.  That's just...weird, right?

I think it has been a while...or maybe too long is the right length...since I really felt this way, and I think it bodes well for my season - so long as I can keep it up.  And I think I can.  I have some good races on my docket, I like my new coach.  I got Garmin to replace my HRM so I can actually train properly by heart rate.  And it's finally spring.  Let's go!


You're wondering about the blog post title, aren't you?  Well, anytime I think of the word "enthusiastic," I remember this old song from Girl Scout Camp.  We actually ended each line with "in the morning" but I think the point is pretty much the same. I'm alive awake alert and ENTHUSIASTIC about training.  Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment