Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Sitting Pretty

I have found that sitting in a place where you have never sat before can be inspiring. -- Dodie Smith

I've been busy the past few days with work.  Work that requires sitting.  In fact, this entire spring and summer my work will require extensive amounts of sitting.  It's only a few weeks in, and I can tell you, I'm tired of sitting.  And not just the sitting itself, but also where.  This week I've alternated between my dining room table (where I write at home) and my office at work.  But I have a feeling that isn't going to work for the long term...I need to find new places to sit.  Panera, Starbucks, the local library...here I come.  Maybe sitting in places where I've never sat before will inspire me and my work.

I also hope to be inspired by a new place to sit on my tri bike, Freyja.  I finally decided (after conversations with hubby) that I didn't like the stock saddle that came on her.  So today I went to the local tri store, Endorphin Fitness, and bought a new saddle.  It's a Cobb 55 JOF - let's hope my long ride tomorrow morning will be more inspired than my last ride on Freyja...I cut that one short because I just didn't feel like sitting on that bike another minute.

Here's Freyja (hanging in the garage) with her pretty new saddle.  I need to move her back into the stable tonight - still not nice enough for outdoor riding in my opinion.  (We had snow this morning!)


No comments:

Post a Comment