Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Personal Bests

I do the very best I know how - the very best I can; and I mean to keep to keep on doing so until the end. -- Abraham Lincoln

I ended 2013 and started 2014 with a bang!  Yesterday, on New Years Eve, I swam the furthest I ever swam in my life, and today, I got a personal best for a 5K run, beating the time I had set four years ago when I was at my fastest and fittest.  2014 is going to be a great year.

Yesterday was the 100x100s fundraiser through my Masters group.  I didn't do all 100 - and I wasn't planning to, but I was able to swim 50x100 in around two hours.  Yep.  I swam a 5K yesterday.  Crazy talk.  So I decided to follow it up by running a 5K this morning - the First Day 5K.  And I set a personal record by about 30 seconds.  Now I just need to bike 5K and I'm golden, right?  :)

Happy New Year!  I plan to keep doing the very best I can from the beginning of 2014 until the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment