Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Spring Cleaning

I have sporadic OCD cleaning moments around the house.  But then I get lazy and I'm cured.  It's a very inconsistent personality trait.  -- Chris Hemsworth

While I'm waiting for my article to place and before I start my next writing project, I thought I'd do a little bit of spring cleaning.  Yesterday I tried on all the clothes in my closet - good news, I can wear my "skinny" suits again.  Today I went through my dressers -- tossing the worn out or ripped, finding a better home for the ugly or non-fitting.  Here's are piles of stuff I'm not keeping:


I went through my two triathlon drawers.  Figured as long as I had everything pulled out, I would organize it a little bit.  Look at all the cool little piles I made.  Then I just had to find spaces for them in the drawers.


Believe it or not, these piles are AFTER I got rid of stuff.  :-)

Finally, since I had everything out anyway, I decided to pick out my race clothes for this weekend:


Depending on the weather, I'll either wear my capri leggings or my shorts - probably with my skirt over either.  Of course, I have to rock my neon calf sleeves (and pink KT tape that you don't see here).  Since it's Shamrock, I'll be sporting a green long-sleeve shirt.  It looks to be a chilly morning, so I'm going to take another shirt along with me that I was planning on donating anyway to drop when I get too warm.  I might try to find a pair of green throw-away gloves too.

I think I have nearly cured my OCD cleaning moment...unfortunately, I'm not quite done with the clothes.  Can't imagine hubby loving the pile sticking around too long...and I really should do a little decluttering of the rest of the house.  But not until after the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment