Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Monday, April 21, 2014

Back in the Saddle Again

Saddle your dreams before you ride 'em.  -- Mary Webb



Vacation is over and I'm back in the saddle again - literally - and chasing my dreams.  Realizing how close I am to Raleigh, and then Muncie, and then Louisville, I realize that I better get my butt on my bike...like everyday.  Don't get me wrong, I loved my vacation - it was incredibly relaxing and fun...just what a vacation should be, but it's been about 2 weeks since I did any serious training and I have 10 days worth of extravagant food and drink hanging out on my hips.  I got in a nice longish run yesterday (7+ miles) but it wasn't easy, and I woke up for an early morning trainer ride this morning.  Tonight back to Masters - hopefully I can still swim, y'know?  Or at least not drown.  Hopefully I don't get moved back a lane, since I fought so hard to get moved up!

Anyway, I'm back and I'm ready to work hard until IMLOU.  Well, actually, until OBX Marathon too.  Then I may just lay on the couch for a few months.  ;)  But I'm not ready to think that far ahead.  One day, two workouts, at a time.  Step by step.  I will be ready to rock this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment