Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Ready...Or Not

If you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for greater challenges. -- Pat Riley

When you are in race week, especially before an Ironman it seems, people like to ask you "Are you ready?"  The answer is "HELL NO.  In fact, I feel a little bit like puking right now."  Honestly, is it possible to ever think you are ready to do an IM, especially your first one?  I'm thinking no.  I should probably stop telling people I feel like puking though.  A bit indelicate.

All I can do right now is be ready for the challenge...by having a positive attitude and getting ready to strive to give my best effort...oh, and have everything I need in all of my brown paper bags.  We leave for Louisville tomorrow!  Get ready, Louisville, 'cause here I come.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, how's it going. I dropped you an inspire over on BT, but since you're not logging there anymore I thought you might not get it. Then I remembered your blog, so I hope you see this.

    Very interesting reading. I think I will do some deep thinking on my longish ride Sunday. Maybe try to understand my confidence issues.

    Back to your race. You know I am impressed with what you have done. Especially swimming. Your progress there is amazing! You have put in a lot of work, you are ready, and you're gonna rock! I will track you when I can, and I'll try to send some positive vibes your way.

    Most important: Good luck, have fun, and don't forget to smile for the cameras:)

    amschrod/Anthony

    ReplyDelete