Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

I, Volunteer

Research has shown that people who volunteer often live longer. -- Allen Klein

Shouting at people keeps you alive, healthy, young, fresh.  -- Paul Capaldi

Well, given the above quotes, it looks like this weekend might keep me alive, healthy, young, and fresh for longer.  :)  I was a volunteer at a triathlon this weekend - might as well do something while I can't do anything, right?  And I had a ball!  I'm definitely going to volunteer again...it was fun and I got to shout at people, which is something I'm good at and truly enjoy.


That's me and my favorite little triathlete/volunteer/partner in crime.  We got up super early to be at the race site by 5 am, body marked from 5:30 until 7:15 am, shouted directions and encouragement at bike out (above pic) from 7:15 until about 9:30 am, and then worked bike dismount until 11:30 am when we had to leave so little triathlete could go to volleyball.  It was a lot of yelling and a lot of standing - good for the soul, bad for the foot...although that seemed to be short-lived soreness.  Hoping the ortho will clear me this week...to lose the boot.  He already warned me that it's 3 more weeks after that.  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment