Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Friday, September 12, 2014

Now What?

Map out your future - but do it in pencil.  The road ahead it as long as you make it.  Make it worth the trip.  -- Jon Bon Jovi

It's easy right now to keep looking back at Louisville with sadness and disappointment.  And the longer this goes on, the easier it is to feel sorry for myself.  I realized that the "Countdown to Louisville" clock is still up on the blog - but instead of marking "anticipation," it is counting days of downtime.  Kind of depressing for me.

I haven't yet found an outlet.  Running especially, and biking to a certain extent, provide me with a place to go with my thoughts.  I run to stay sane.  I run to work through problems.  I run to find creative thoughts.  I run to eat and drink.  I don't just run because it's the third leg of the triathlon, standing between me and the finish (although I know a lot of triathletes that feel that way...for me, it's the swim).  So I'm going a little bit crazy right now.

One thing that is supposed to help is having something to look forward to - so Iron Sherpa and I mapped out a plan for next year.  It's in pencil - in particular because he's still picking his races and since he worked around IMLOU, it's my turn to work around his choices...but that's pretty easy given all the potential races around here.

This is what I'm thinking:

  • January - First Day 5K, Frostbike 15K
  • February - Half mary (TBD - probably Colonial)
  • March - Mary (TBD - probably Newport News)
  • April - RTC Sprint Tri?
  • May - HIM (Kinetic or Raleigh depending on Iron Sherpa)
  • June - Jamestown Oly (if Kinetic, not Raleigh, HIM)
  • July - train
  • August - General Smallwood Oly
  • September - train
  • October - IM Maryland!!!  Redemption!!!
  • November - OBX Mary (deferred from this fall)
  • December - rest
I think it looks like a good, doable plan.  I have plenty of time from when this stupid foot heals up until I need to get into training.  I just need to be patient, keep the faith, and heal well first.  If only it were easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment