Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Monday, September 8, 2014

Setbacks

I have a tendency, just because I'm an ambitious person, to get impatient with things and want them to be moving faster than they are.  -- Pablo Schreiber

I thought my foot was feeling better.  I was able to kind of walk across a room at home without my boot on and it didn't really hurt much.  I'm starting to think that was just wishful thinking, because yesterday my foot really hurt again.  I'm getting very impatient, especially faced with the prospect of 3 more weeks of hell, er, I mean "rest" after it stops hurting.  I can't even get to the 3 weeks right now...and it's making me crazy, and mean, and depressed, and a little bit psycho.

So what better than to give you a quote from one of my favorite crazy, mean, depressed psychos!  See how I did that there?  :)  Pablo Schreiber!

(photo:  NBC)

Mr. Schreiber, as you may know, is Nick Sobotka from The Wire (which we recently finished binge watching), as well as William Lewis from a continuing arc on Law & Order: SVU a season or two back.  (As an aside, I'll admit that SVU has never been the same since Christopher Meloni left...but the episodes with Lewis & Detective Benson were pretty intense.)

Isn't it sad that my life has devolved to this?  No training means more time to babble about TV.  No wonder I'm growing impatient.

No comments:

Post a Comment