Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Down for the Count

If I see one more forensics show, I'm gonna throw up.  -- Dean Winters

Or in my case, if I throw up, I'm gonna spend the day on the couch watching forensics shows.  Chicken or the egg?  Who knows.

Anyway, the stomach flu or food poisoning (I'm not a doctor - who knows which) had me down for the count on Monday afternoon and all day yesterday.  More info than you needed, but it did let me catch up on all of the Law & Order (any of the many varieties), Criminal Minds, NCIS, CSI, Bones, etc. More than any human needs to watch in any given month (or year).  Thankfully I'm feeling better today because if I see one more forensics show...

Of course, this little detour in my New Year did have the added benefit of allowing me to drop 4 pounds overnight.  (Not that I'm expecting it will remain off...but it was motivating to see a small number, so that's a good thing right?)  Unfortunately, it threw off my training for the week.  I realized I was sick 2 minutes into a treadmill run on Monday and I'm not doing anything until tomorrow (Thursday), so that's like 3 unplanned days off, which makes me a little twitchy.  I know when you're sick, it's OK to take days off...but I don't like it.

Hopefully I'll be back running tomorrow and able to get my long run in this weekend, because that DC marathon is sneaking up fast and I want to do my best at it (not to mention the 15K and half-mary in between...yikes!).  This year is already moving too fast...I need to get a little faster if I'm going to keep up.


No comments:

Post a Comment