Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Slumping

Get up, groan, write a bit, moan, eat breakfast, write some more, cycle my bike through the Sligo hills, make up country songs as I pedal along, sing them, have lunch, have a nap, groan, moan, write a small bit more, cook dinner, feed wifey, open a bottle or several, slump, sleep. -- Kevin Barry

So it appears I'm in a bit of a slump.  IronSherpa says so.  And I guess I kind of feel it.  My workouts feel hard.  I'm not happy with my performance.  I think (hope?) it's because I'm just not back to where I was and I wanted to comeback faster but I was unrealistic.  Plus I'm swimming up a lane, so it's hard to feel confident when you're getting lapped...I don't like feeling like I hold up my lane, but I'm still swimming more/faster than the lane back, so the coach keeps reassuring me I'm in the right spot and that soon I will keep up if I keep doing the work, but it's not really registering right now.

I realize that this is probably my 2nd or 3rd complainy whiny moany post in a row, which is why it's important for me to put it out there.  I should be embarrassed that I'm so slumpy.  So I decided to find a song to pep me up...there are some seriously weird people out there, but this song (Float On by Modest Mouse) comes highly recommended...I had remembered hearing it on the radio but never viewing it as a pep song, but now that I've seen the words and watched the totally bizarre video that forces you to smile, well, I'm all in.

Bad news comes, don't you worry even when it lands,
Good news will work its way to all them plans...
Well we'll float on, good news is on the way
And we'll all float on OK
And we'll all float on OK...


SMILE.  And stop slumping!


No comments:

Post a Comment