Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Monday, July 6, 2015

Welcome Back!

When the seasons shift, even the subtle beginning, the scent of a promised change, I feel something stir inside me.  Hopefulness?  Gratitude?  Openness?  Whatever it is, it's welcome.  -- Kristin Armstrong


Welcome back!  Yes, it's been a month since I posted...but it wasn't entirely due to my slackiness at blogging.  Summer started with a bang and a two-week Norwegian vacation...so it's only now that "summer" is really starting for me.  Which sucks, because I have a lot of training to do and less than 3 months to do it in!  Yikes!  Getting a wee-bit nervous about IM MD - but it's too early for that sort of break down.  But it's easy to get nervous when you take 2 weeks off training...sure, I walked and hiked, but I also ate like a madwoman.  And when we got back, there was a mountain of mail and laundry and other vacation fallout to deal with.  So today is really the start of "summer" - I feel hopeful and open and grateful that I have 3 months to get my pathetic self into Maryland shape.

Let's do this!

Monday - 7/6 - run 3 miles, swim

No comments:

Post a Comment