Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Random Thoughts

I've never been convinced that experience is linear, circular, or even random.  It just is.  I try to put it in some kind of order to extract meaning from it, to bring meaning to it. -- Toni Cade Bambara

Well, it's been a long time...since I rock and rolled.


And since I blogged.  Things have been all sorts of busy around here, although it would be hard for me to tell you exactly what I've been busy doing for the last week.  So instead, I'll just tell you some random stuff.  Later this week, an update on my goals.  Which isn't going as well as I have hoped.

  • On Monday night I was able to stay with the "faster" lane for Masters.  Go me!  And we worked hard - part of the pre-set was 8x100m coming down to 5 seconds rest.  Dang.  5 seconds rest is just long enough to look at the clock and turn around to go again.  It's supposed to make me faster - let's hope so.  Also we are working on doing more "non-free" stroke - so I've been playing at the butterfly, which is the most useless stroke for a triathlete, but it's a little bit fun and allegedly it will strengthen my upper body.  One can only hope.
  • Of course, this morning at Masters I felt slow.  :(
  • But my running is getting faster.  I had a nice "easy" run on the plan yesterday and was able to maintain a real nice pace.
  • A friend of mine is training to run a half-marathon, the same one I'm running in November.  She implied it is because some crazy friend of hers did a HIM and she felt inspired.  :)
  • I've decided that core work needs to be a big part of my winter training plan.  I bought some core videos on swich.io.  The website is cool (and I'd link to it, but it seems to be down) - it is a buy/sell site for triathlon gear started by a couple of local women.  Love it.
  • One of the things I did this week that kept me busy was apple picking with the fam.  I love apples.  Not as much as I love pumpkin-flavored anything, but definitely one of my favorite fall foods.  And we got there while granny smith apples were in season.  Yeah!
  • I'm definitely excited about doing most likely 2 HIM next year, but I'm also really looking forward to doing a full sometime in the near future.  I'm jealously watching an old friend of mine taper for IMFL.  So cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment