Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Holiday Hangover

Dieting on New Year's Day isn't a good idea as you can't eat rationally but really need to be free to consume whatever is necessary, moment by moment, in order to ease your hangover.  I think it would be much more sensible if resolutions began generally on January the second.  -- Helen Fielding

I could not agree more.  This holiday season has involved way too much sugar, way too much booze, and way too much in general.  I've kept up my training - heck, I love my new speed/cadence sensor so much that I did 2 hours on my trainer this morning.  Weird - it was even fun!  But it's nearly time to start dialing it back and getting with the program.  Back to healthier eating.  Back to training consistently and with purpose - my HIM plan starts January 6!!!  (It was supposed to start January 12, but I moved it up a week so I can "take off" a week when we're on vacation.)  So when does all this goodness start?  January 2nd - I say, as I sit here drinking spiked egg nog!  Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment