Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Plans - Bird's Eye View

Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.  -- Peter Drucker

SWIM
1 - February, March - continue to get comfy in the water, work on technique (which hopefully adds a wee bit of speed...I'm horrendously slow in the agua right now). I can swim a slow mile in the pool if I need to.
2 - April through Summer - take advantage of OWS clinics, training sessions, and even a private lesson if necessary to get over my OWS issues; build the volume to well above the 1.2 so I'm comfortable. Hubby has agreed to pay for classes, clinics, etc. to get me ready for this leg.
3 - July - do a 750-swim river sprint tri
4 - August - do a 1-mile standalone river swim as a prep for the race
5 - I will be able to do the 1.2 miles for the HIM by September 7

BIKE
1 - February, March start building volume around my running races these months; get the bike outside whenever the weather permits
2 - April through Summer - long rides, testing nutrition, etc. - I have a biking colleague who has agreed to come with me for some of these, both to keep me company and push me a bit. Build volume to atleast 60, running a mile or 2 after many of the rides
3 - I will be able to do the 58 miles for the HIM by September 7 (yes, the race is a little long on the bike)

RUN
1 - Finish my 2 spring half marys without injury (stretch & roll, girlfriend - stretch & roll)
2 - April through August - drop the run volume just by a little after the 1/2 marys to give me more time for bike & swim, although I don't want to lose my run fitness altogether; also work on a run/walk system should that be necessary
3 - I will be able to do the 13.1 miles for the HIM by September 7

I've thought it out; I have a plan & will be following the BT 20-week HIM plan starting April 20 (I'm nearly at the starting requirements now, but certainly will be by then). 

No comments:

Post a Comment