Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Thursday, February 28, 2013

And on the 13th day she rested...

Rest until you feel like playing, then play until you feel like resting, period.  Never do anything else.  -- Martha Beck

I didn't realize how exhausted I was until the end of Masters swim last night.  Then I realized it had been almost two weeks since I had taken a rest day.  So I took today completely off.  (OK, I did a little stretching for my knee...but that doesn't count, right?)

As I'm remaking my training schedule, I'm recognizing that I need to build rest days in.  Some of them will fall in naturally - when I travel next week, there is a day where training just won't fit.  Poof!  Magic!  A rest day without having to think about it!  But when I'm not travelling, it is going to be up to me to make sure I remember to rest.

Speaking of my training plan, I'm working on it -- but it's going to be a work in progress.  I've only scheduled the first third of March.  I'm hoping to schedule the rest of March this weekend after I talk with the husband so we can coordinate.  As both of our training schedules ramp up as tri season looms, we're going to have to work together.

I've added a new page to my blog that links off to a web version of my planned training.  Comments welcome - plus I can check in on my plan from anywhere now.


No comments:

Post a Comment