Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Training - 2/3-2/9...and thoughts on training

To keep the body in good health is a duty...otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. -- Buddha

Here's the rundown of my training from last week:

Sunday 2/3 - 11.25 mile run (last long run before the half mary)
Monday 2/4 - rest
Tuesday 2/5 - 3 mile run, 700m swim
Wednesday 2/6 - 5 mile run, yoga
Thursday 2/7 - 60 minute cycle
Friday 2/8 - 1200m swim, 3 mile run
Saturday 2/9 - 750m swim, 45 minute cycle

I've been following a half mary training plan for the last 12 weeks or so, wrapping up with the race on 2/16.  The swimming and cycling I've squeezed in when the plan calls for cross-training or whenever I have a little extra time.

Between the half mary in February and the trail half in March, I'm kind of cobbling together a training plan to allow me to recover and then rebuild, all in four weeks.

After the trail half in March, I have about 5 weeks until my first tri of the season, a sprint tri in a pool on 4/27.  I figure I'll plot a little more formal plan for those 5 weeks and then, of course, my HIM training plan starts 4/20.  I'd rather have a more organized plan for 2/16 until 4/20, but nothing really fits in these time periods that will be valuable for my build to 4/20.

No comments:

Post a Comment