Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Training 2/17 - 2/23...and...OMG I did it

I'm trying to stay as calm as possible and focus one day at a time, but when reality sets in, I feel everything:  anxiety, excitement, nerves, pressure, and joy.  -- Shawn Johnson

Reality has set in.  This afternoon, I became an officially registered participant in the Patriot's Half race - September 7, 2013 in Williamsburg, VA.  The money is paid.  The waivers are signed.  There's no backing out now.  :-)  And I'm a little bundle of nerves.  Weird.

Nerves, but also excitement.  I'm really going to do this.  It's not just a dream - it's a thing on the calendar (and the credit card statement...).  So awesome.  Can't wait.  Except I can, because boy do I need to train.

Training this week was light, recovering from last week's half-mary.

Sunday 2/17 - yoga
Monday 2/18 - 30 minute cycle, masters swim
Tuesday 2/19 - 2.75 mile run, 15 minute cycle
Wednesday 2/20 - masters swim
Thursday 2/21 - 2.71 mile run (speedwork), 20 minute cycle
Friday 2/22 - 2.4 mile run
Saturday 2/23 - 30 minute swim, 60 minute cycle

No comments:

Post a Comment