Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Saturday, December 14, 2013

2014 Race Plans

Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities.  Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.  -- Gloria Steinem

So we've been rounding out our race schedules for 2014 and I think I'm pretty set (and also pretty much registered).  It looks like a good, and challenging, year.  Here's what's on deck:

January 19 - Frostbite 15K run (registered)
March 16 - Shamrock Marathon run (registered)
April 26 - RTC Sprint tri (registered)
June 1 - Raleigh 70.3 (registered)
July 12 - Muncie 70.3 (registered)
August 24 - IM Louisville (registering soon)
October 4 or 5 - either Crawlin' Crab 1/2 Marathon run or POW 2.4 Mile swim (gotta decide...)

I might throw a couple of shorter runs in here or there, and I'd like to do some of mile swims through my Masters group if they fit.  Otherwise, I think this will keep me plenty busy.  The excitement of possibilities abounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment