Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Friday, December 20, 2013

Dear Santa...

Believe in love.  Believe in magic.  Hell, believe in Santa Claus.  Believe in others.  Believe in yourself.  Believe in your dreams.  If you don't, who will?  -- Jon Bon Jovi

So, what does a triathlete ask for for Christmas?  I'm not into clothes.  I don't like jewelry - unless it's tri or running related.  I don't like perfume - at all.  I buy myself most of what I want...because the list isn't that long.  But come Christmas time, I'm required by the Big Man (that would be my husband) and the other Big Man (Santa) to cough up a list of things I would like to get that don't require me to try them on.  So what did I ask for this year?

From Big Man #1 - (and if you're reading this, hubby, the pictures are just illustrative...in case you bought something else...)

I asked for a Soda Stream.  I've kicked (mostly) the Diet Pepsi habit, but I still don't like the taste of water, so I'm obsessed with sparkling water.  Club soda.  Seltzer.  Whatever you wish to call it.  It would seem to be a simpler process if I could just bubble it myself.
Photo:  Amazon
I also asked for a swimming snorkel.  At Masters, on occasion, they do pull drills with snorkel and I have no snorkel.
Photo:  SwimOutlet
Finally I asked for a gift card to Lululemon - not because I plan on buying see-through yoga pants...but because they make a ton of tops that have thumbholes and you know I'm obsessed with that.
Photo:  Lululemon

So, what about from Big Man #2???

More calf sleeves.  Salted Caramel Gu.  Adjustable swim goggle cords.  Pistachios.  Yeah, I'm pretty wild.

Photo:  Gu Energy Gel

And my Christmas present for you?  Jon Bon Jovi.  In a Santa hat.



No comments:

Post a Comment