Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Inside-Out

When my body is strong, I feel stronger inside.  I feel more capable of handling emotional situations.  Usually I'm more of an inside-out person, but this was a great case of me from the outside in.  -- Mariska Hargitay

Law and Order SVU is one of my favorite shows.  Ever.  Except it has gone downhill since Eliot left...love Christopher Meloni.  Love.  And now that Captain Cragen has retired, I don't have high hopes for however much of the show is left...but I also really love Mariska.  And I love this quote.  When I am strong, I feel more capable of handling emotional situations.  Truth.

I'm also loving watching the Winter Olympics - some strong folks there.  I mentioned to my husband how awesome the winter games are because everyone has really strong legs.  I love this ad.  I may have posted it up before, but it should be repeatedly shown:


Skaters, skiers, jumpers - they all got legs.  Completely awesome and strong legs.  Makes me happy.  Almost as happy as the Norwegian curling team's pants.


OK.  So now to the big question of the day...inside or out.  I have a long run.  I have a cold.  It's cold.  Running inside is crazy talk.  Running outside is crazy cold.  Snot is likely to ensue, not to mention any worsening of said cold.  Inside, less snot and less worsening, but criminal insanity is potential.  What to do, what to do?  May go with eeny-meeny-miney-mo here.  I'll let you know what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment