Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Friday, February 14, 2014

New Swimming Win!

Being happy outside the pool means fast swimming in the pool. -- Eric Shanteau

Swimming has been going mostly pretty good recently - one bad morning when I felt like I hadn't learned anything at all when the coach was working on our form, but a few good night swims and then today was awesome.  On Monday night, I led my lane (the 2nd from slowest) the whole night, which was pretty cool - and I could have gone faster, but the lanes were a little messed up so we got to regroup a few extra times.

Today swimming got moved to lunchtime due to snow.  It wasn't as busy as it usually is, so I swam in a lane with one other woman who basically swims the same speed as me.  It was distance/aerobic day, so the whole main set was up for the taking as soon as we got started...and we just kept swimming.  Today was the first day I ever got over 3000m in during masters!  Yippee!  Rockstar me!  And only 200 was with fins.  The main set was long 300s at CSS pace and faster 100s in between.  When the coach told us how many meters the whole workout was, about halfway through, I didn't think we'd get it all in, but we just kept plugging away and got all the way through with about a minute to spare!  I'm so excited - definitely want to keep the positive swim groove going!


No comments:

Post a Comment