Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Sunday, February 23, 2014

You're Funny and Your Mama Dresses You Ugly

You can wear anything as long as you put a nice pair of shoes with it.  -- Taylor Momsen

It was a gorgeous day today and I went for a fantastic run.  I'm wearing in a new pair of shoes that I bought a long time ago -- I tend to buy my shoes on Shoe Carnival when they are going off market (previous year models) and keep them in my closet until it is time to retire a pair.  I tend to go around 400 miles on a pair of shoes...I wasn't paying that much attention to my current pair but when I went to "retire" them from the website where I keep track of my workouts (Beginner Triathlete), they were at 418 miles.  Spot on.

Anyway, when I bought these shoes, many months ago, I didn't know that I would have pink KT tape and neon yellow calf sleeves.  Low & behold...same colors as my shoes.


Pretty awesome, no?  Actually, I felt kind of like a circus clown...a fast circus clown.  But a circus clown. Ugly is the new fast.  That's what I'm telling myself.

To remove the horrible image from your mind, I'll leave you with a picture from the tri club's banquet/bash/prom that was held last night.  It was really cool to see people without spandex and swim caps and goggles.  But even though we were dressed pretty, we still talked about triathlons.  (And hubby and I won a cool swim package at the silent auction - paddles, pull buoy, snorkel, mesh bag, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment