Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I have seen the enemy and she is me...

Procrastination is the thief of time.  -- Edward Young

I am very good at procrastinating.  Better than most - I can make it almost an art form.  You wouldn't believe how productive I can be when trying to avoid being productive.  My desk is never cleaner than when I have too much to do.  (Although right now, my desk is a disaster.  Clearly even my procrastination wasn't productive recently.)


Anyway, I spent too much time the last couple weeks procrastinating about a big project at work and consequently ended up having to cram way too much work into the last four or five days.  Believe it or not, that really throws a monkey wrench into your training.  :)  Not only that, but I got less than four hours of sleep on Monday night.  I still managed to make it to Masters on Monday and got my bike and run workouts in on Tuesday, but it was mentally and physically exhausting.  Clearly my ability to juggle obligations has not yet improved.

No Masters swim tonight, because juggling activities means that one parent has to be with one child and the other parent with the other child.  I'll get a bike in this afternoon and hopefully find some time to swim tomorrow instead.  And most importantly, I need to work on not procrastinating because I don't have any extra time to give away.

No comments:

Post a Comment