Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Leaving On a Jet Plane

I hate to travel with stuff. -- Manolo Blahnik

Assuming snowmageddon doesn't get here before noon tomorrow, I'll be heading out of town for a short work trip for few days.  I usually try to bring my running shoes & clothes when I travel - but to be honest, it's quite ridiculous how much space my sports gear takes up in my suitcase in relation to my work stuff.  Sure, it would be easier to blow off those couple days, but I'm doing really well as far as being consistent with my training and I don't want to blow that.  The hotel where I'm staying is supposed to have a great fitness center and outdoor trails (it is NOT in the center of snowmageddon), so I should be able to get a run and a ride in at least.

Besides consistency, if I'm traveling somewhere nice or scenic, I like to be able to take a little tour on foot - you get to see so much more that way.  On the other hand, I've run in  some ugly places in NYC and Chicago - but still, there's something magical about running in new places.  This week's destination has the potential to be gorgeous.  But it still doesn't justify the amount of stuff I travel with.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment