Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Travelogue

I pray to be like the ocean, with soft currents, maybe waves at times.  More and more, I want the consistency rather than the highs and the lows. -- Drew Barrymore



The waves were beautiful this morning.  I don't know if they were big waves or small waves, because I'm not really an ocean girl.  (You may have deduced this from my swimming albatross.)  I'm also not a California-type girl, but I do like to visit.  I've never been to this particular part of California before - Half Moon Bay, south of San Francisco (and clearly right on the water).  This morning I ran 5 miles on the California Coastal Trail which was gorgeous, plus an excellent workout for my trail half mary coming up.  I haven't been particularly good about training on trails, so my ankles got a little wake-up call this morning, but it still was a good solid run.  Although my trail race won't be on the cliffs over the Pacific Ocean, I am looking forward to something different and nature-filled.

No comments:

Post a Comment