Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Training 3/3 - 3/9 . . . and thoughts on the week

I'll keep doing my training and I'm sure the goals will come. -- Wayne Rooney

This was an interesting week for me with travelling and the swim time trial.  I had a couple of great runs - my last long run on 3/3 was perfect...no knee pain, no mental pain, adequate hydrating, etc.  Also, the run in California on the trail was super-cool.  The dirt path went along the cliffs overlooking the beach - so pretty - and I ran a decent speed over the trails, which gives me a little hope for the trail half-mary next weekend.

I didn't adhere strictly to my planned schedule, but I didn't fall off completely, even though I travelled.  I ran a little less on Friday and I moved my rest day around, but that is it.  (My eating, on the other hand, did fall off over the trip, but I'm back on board now.)  I also moved around my run and bike this weekend, so that I could go for a long bike ride today in the gorgeous weather.

Yesterday one of the tri organizations did a swim time-trial.  I actually did better than I thought I would, given that I took a red-eye back and didn't get into town until lunch-time Saturday.  The coolest thing is that afterwards I got some individual coaching from a swim coach.  Apparently I need to "snap" more - I don't hold my glide long enough and I don't put my hips into it when I switch from side to side.  Something to work on that should give me a little more power (read speed) when I'm swimming.  All in all, it was a good week of training.  And if I keep doing my training, hopefully the goals will come.


Sunday 3/3 - 10.18 mile run
Monday 3/4 - 40 minute swim, 30 minute cycle
Tuesday 3/5 - 3 mile run, 38 minute cycle
Wednesday 3/6 - REST (travel, snow day)
Thursday 3/7 - 4.87 mile run on California Coastal Trail :)
Friday 3/8 - 40 minute cycle, 0.4 mile run (mini - bricklet)
Saturday 3/9 - 4.13 mile run, 20 minute swim (time trial - 400m @ 10:47, plus coaching)

No comments:

Post a Comment