Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Monday, November 18, 2013

2014. The year of full-on bat-wing crazy. Bring it.

I know when I'm getting ready to mess up, I'm going to do it full-on.  -- Sandra Bullock

You might well remember that nothing can bring you success but yourself. -- Napolean Hill

Here's how the 2014 season is shaping up.  I'm excited, although occasionally I just kind of freak out a bit thinking about it.  Like OMG freak out.

I'm already registered for:
March 16 - Shamrock Marathon
June 1 - Raleigh 70.3
July 12 - Muncie 70.3

And then, the crown jewel of the 2014 season is shaping up to be IRONMAN Louisville, August 24.  We haven't registered me yet for this, but we did reserve a hotel room, told the extended fam, etc.  The race doesn't sell out, although I want to register before then just to get the idea settled in my mind.  But no real rush to hand over the beaucoup bucks right now.

So what does the rest of 2013 look like?  A couple of fun runs - a Turkey Trot 10K and a Toys for Tots 5K, probably with the little one.  But basically the training starts now.  I have my marathon training plan already in the works, the HIM plan kicks in 1/12/14, and then I found a 12-week bridge from HIM-IM program that fits perfectly between Raleigh & Louisville.  (I'll squeeze Muncie in as a long training day.)

So there it is.  I'm biting off a lot for 2014, but I don't think it's more than I can chew - it's just going to take work on my part to make it successful.  But after this past season, I'm feeling rather pleased and confident that I can do it, if I set my mind to it now.  Bring it on.


No comments:

Post a Comment