Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.
-- Omar N. Bradley

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thanksgiving Post

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength.  Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living.  If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself -- Tecumseh

In honor of Thanksgiving week, I am going to share a list of just a few of the many things I am thankful for.

1.  My husband - my biggest fan, an excellent sherpa, and an overall great guy


2.  My girls - my two biggest little fans and daily sources of inspiration for me to be healthy and happy


3.  A job that is flexible enough to let me indulge in my training while it is still light, still warm, and not 3:30am

4.  A bunch of great friends that support what I do or at least don't laugh out loud when I announce my next crazy idea - you know who you are

5.  Online and real-life communities that offer support, advice, and inspiration (Beginner Triathlete, Richmond Tri Club, Swim Bike Mom, My Fitness Pal, and many others)

6.  An extended family that is still not sure why I do what I do, but is suitably impressed nonetheless

7.  My tri-bike, Freyja (and NO, the seat is not that high - this is before my fitting, where they cut off many, many inches of seatpost)


8.  My health

9.  A local food co-op that makes it easier to eat well - Fall Line Farms - in addition to living in a town with multiple farmers markets

10.  Really, really good coffee - I get it from a local roaster through the co-op

For these things, and so many other things, I give thanks.  Have a great Thanksgiving week!

No comments:

Post a Comment